Thursday, April 30, 2009

NEVER ALONE

Deuteronomy 31: 1 – 8


8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

I find great comfort in those words.
There have been times when I felt totally alone, even in a room full of people. Filled with fear, I eventually became used to the feeling. But even though I was used to the feeling, that loneliness would at times be overwhelming. I needed someone or something to fill the void in my soul and began a search for peace that would consume my life.
I found that void filling peace in the arms of the Lord. The word of God gave me great comfort and showed me that, no matter what, I would never be alone again.

6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

All this peace from just a few verses. It was as if the Bible was written just for me. No more would I have to live in loneliness and fear again.
Now I know that I am not the only one to feel this way. I have heard many testimonies to that fact. And I am sure that we all had the experience with the word of God that reached out and grabbed us by the scruff of the neck only to force us to look at ourselves and our shattered lives, leaving us in a heap pleading for forgiveness and salvation.
Moses knew that his time was coming to an end and that he would never enter the goal that was promised to the Hebrew people. He would be able to see the promised land yet would never get to set foot on that victorious gift that God had given them. But, that was enough for him. He had that peace that we all yearn for. He knew that he was not alone on that mountain top gazing into the land God had given his people. God was with him, and when Moses had died in His arms, God carried him away and buried the body of Moses Himself.
Throughout the Bible we can see the same words that God gave to Moses about not being afraid because God will never leave us. It doesn't matter where we are or problem we face, God will be there at our side.

No comments: