Thursday, February 26, 2009

LET'S WORK TOGETHER

Malachi 2: 10 – 16



This is going to be tough for the few of us who have been married before.

10 Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our fathers by breaking faith with one another?
13 Another thing you do: You flood the LORD’s altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer pays attention to your offerings or accepts them with pleasure from your hands.
14 You ask, "Why?" It is because the LORD is acting as the witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.
15 Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth.
16 "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man’s covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

Nobody wants to see a couple get divorced. Especially those people that in the family of the divorcing couple. It clearly says in this scripture that God hates divorce. He was the one who came up with idea of marriage to begin with (Gen. 2: 24 ).
I don't know about you, but I have a few questions on that subject. My first marriage was built on the use and abuse of drugs. I had no relationship with God at the time, and was basically living as the world dictated.
I know that this is no excuse for my divorce, but wasn't I forgiven for all my sins when I invited Jesus into my heart?
In thinking this way, or believing what I do, am I placing myself above what God has written? Or is the marriage that has been based on the word from the very beginning, the marriage that matters?
I love God.
I love his church.
And, I love my wife.
Even though she may not be the “wife of my youth”, she certainly means more to me than the first woman I married. As I said we have a Biblically based marriage, not one based on chemical addiction.
The family unit is sacred, and the family that we all enjoy right now, whether it is your only marriage, or your 40'th., is the one I believe that He recognizes. It may not have come about with both parties being believers, but we have come into relationship now. And I believe that this is the marriage that He holds as sacred.
I've written a lot of stuff today, and maybe I'm just venting, but the topic today strikes close to my heart, because this is in fact my second marriage, and my wife and I , are in leadership roles in our church.
So, if I am wrong in my belief, I pray that God will forgive my foolishness and pride for doubting His word, and I will praise Him.
If I am right, I thank my Lord and Savior, for his gentle hand blessing and guiding my life, and I will give Him praise.
I will praise Him at all times.
Ah well I have to stop rambling, and I hope that I have made sense. I've been up all night and am feeling a bit fuzzy in the head right now. If I got it right ( which I hope to be true ) then I pray that it is use for you. If you feel that I got it wrong, well then i'm sorry and will put more effort into getting it right tomorrow.

No comments: