Tuesday, November 25, 2008

JEALOUS AGAIN



Psalm 73

26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever.


There have been times when I have looked upon other people with envy. I know it's wrong and I shouldn't do it, but sometime I just can't help it. I see them with their wealth and good times, with all the money in the world. I get all jealous inside wishing and hoping that I could live their lifestyle with all it's apparent rewards and pleasures.


2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong.
5 They are free from the burdens common to man; they are not plagued by human ills.


When I come to my senses, I realize that those I envy are enjoying their reward here and now, while I await mine in heaven. Where I put my faith in God, they have theirs in themselves.


16 When I tried to understand all this, it was oppressive to me
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.
18 Surely you place them on slippery ground; you cast them down to ruin.
19 How suddenly are they destroyed, completely swept away by terrors
!


Ever hold the hand of a child? It is one of life's simple pleasures. We hold their hands not so much for affection, but to guide and keep safe the child under our care. We can help them walk across the street, keep track of them in a crowd, and steer them clear of danger.
God will sometimes guide us by holding us by the hand. I know this because I have read it in His word, and I have experienced it myself as He helped me through my troubled times.


21 When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered,
22 I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you.
23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel, and afterwards you will take me into glory.


So, next time you stumble, remember that the powerful hand of God is holding your hand and walking you through life—all the way home!

No comments: