Thursday, May 21, 2009

THAT IS THE QUESTION.

Acts 3: 1 – 10


my wife has this CD that she listens to quite frequently.
If I'm not mistaken, the CD is by Ann Graham Lott, Billy's daughter.
The title of this is; “Just Give Me Jesus”, because she thinks that the bottom line is, that's all we need.
One of the questions that many of us have, especially when we are new at this Christianity. Is Jesus enough?
I'm sure that we all have our opinions on that question. I know that I have mine. It's not that I doubt, I just have these times in my life when, in times of stress, I try to take things into my own hands and leave Jesus behind. Trust me that never works. I think that it must just be human nature.
When we let Jesus be the center, things change.

1 ¶ One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon.
2 Now a man crippled from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts.
3 When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money.
6 Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk."
7 Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong.
8 He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God.

Jesus was enough for the crippled man at the gate. His life was changed the second that he was introduced to Jesus.
Many of us have had similar experiences. We may not have been physically crippled, sometimes we have a crippled spirit, even our behaviors can be crippling.
When we find ourselves in these situations, the introduction of Jesus fills the hole that we have had in our hearts for a long time. We begin to jump about and praise God. Then we run into a problem.
Almost as soon as we turn our lives over to Jesus, we take it right back.
What a foolish lot we are.
I pray for, and long for, the day when I can say that Jesus is more than enough for me, mean it, and not let my spirit separate me from God.


I love you guys


Roadblock
><>

No comments: