Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I GOT THEM LOW DOWN BLUES

Psalm 6


There are days when we think that everything and everyone has somehow plotted against us. We feel beaten and busted, we feel knocked down and out doing the “rope a dope”, just trying to survive the fight.
When we feel this way, we have to know that we are not the only ones to feel this way, and, we aren't the first, nor are we the last.
We got them no good, low down, Davids writing about them blues.

1 O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath.
2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.
3 My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long?

He may only have had a harp to play but, in my head, I can hear a slide guitar and harmonica in the background.

There are days when my soul feels like it is in anguish, and I pray to the Lord, and ask that he help me through it, and that the time be shortened, and mostly that his will be done in the situation that I find myself. Once again, I find that my first thoughts are in direct opposition to what God has in mind. I want it over with and done now, in my time, not God's. But, I am a selfish foolish man that needs to learn, and re-learn every day, the lessons that God has taught me.

6 I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears.
7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes.

All we can do is rely on the fact that God will get us through.

8 Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping.
9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.
10 All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed; they will turn back in sudden disgrace.

No comments: