Friday, March 13, 2009

IT HURTS ME TOO

2 Corinthians 1: 3 – 11


During the introduction of the song; “Musta Got Lost, singer Peter Wolf said, “This is a song about desperation. Every now and then, we do get desperate”.
I have felt this in my own life, this feeling of desperation, and I have been with other people who have felt this same way, and I think that I can clearly say that when we are in that special place, we can't see a way to get clear of the feeling, how it came to be, or even thinking that there is a quick way to get out of it, and feel no more. At that point, all we can think of is ending the pain regardless of the consequences. We forget that the comfort of Jesus is more than enough to guide us through these desperate times. Thankfully, the apostle Paul is here to remind us of a few things.


I'm sorry, but my copy paste mode seems to have stopped functioning.
Read 2 Cor. 1: 3 – 5 at this time.

Paul does a pretty good job of telling us where our comforts come from, and how we are to receive them.
As we have gone through tough times, so did Paul and he documents them here in this book. He was so despondent, that he apparently considered what the English upper class called, “The gentleman's way out”, which was usually followed by the sound of a single gun shot.
But, Paul knew where to turn in such times so that he wouldn't have to take that option, and he spread the good news about that to us, and to anyone who wants to here his words, inspired by the hand of God.
As I've said, I have been there, thankfully not for a long time, and I can relate to the feelings, as I'm sure that most of can. And if you're reading this you got through it just as I did. And it's all because of God and his risen Son Jesus Christ.

No comments: