Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WHO CARES?

Mark 14: 32 – 42


In desperation, anger, or even frustration, I have used the phrase; “Who cares anyway”? I can't count the number of times I have said it and I am sure that I am not the only one to have those moments of doubt. There have been times while in extreme sorrow, I have asked the question;
“Doesn't God care about what has happened”?
Doubt can creep into our lives and cause us to not have the faith that we started the day with. Doubt can cause us to mistrust our most intimate relationships. Doubt can ruin our relationship with God.
The funny thing about doubt is that it puts us into some pretty good company.
Even Jesus doubted and wondered if God cared.

33 He took Peter, James and John along with him, and he began to be deeply distressed and troubled.
34 "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death," he said to them. "Stay here and keep watch."
35 Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him.
36 "Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
( Mark 15: 34 )

We are taught to follow the example of Jesus, so if even Jesus had his moments of doubt, what makes us think we are any better than He? By following Christ's example, it makes it impossible to not doubt at times.
During all those times of anger and frustration, we must remember that no matter what, we must ask for God's will to be fulfilled, and not ours.

No comments: