Thursday, March 26, 2009

SHA ALOO SHALOM YESHUA HAMA HOO MESHIAC.

Colossians 3: 12 – 17


The title of this teaching translates to the simple prayer; Pray for the peace of Jesus the Messiah. I've written it phonetically, when it written in Hebrew, I can't figure it out to save my life.
I like the sound of the peace of Jesus, and pray it over many people I come into contact with, they may not know it, because I often pray in private in a prayer closet.
When we have this peace, we tend to follow the teachings of Jesus more fully, and do as verse 17 tells us

17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

I find this verse to be a guide as to how I live my life. If I am doing something that may be a questionable activity, or even if my attitude is off, I ask myself is what I am doing will give glory to God. If the answer to this measure is yes, well I continue what I am doing. If the answer is no, I try to stop and ask for forgiveness, and forgive those who may have done me dirty, because God tell us many times, that if we want forgiveness of our sins, then we must forgive others.

13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

There it is again; “the peace of Christ”. If we can forgive others, we get to have that peace. Ever try to sleep when you feel guilty for something that you have done recently? I toss and turn all night and get no sleep. But, when I sleep in peace, I sleep like a baby and get a good nights rest.
A peaceful heart, comes from living out the word of God. Doing things to give Him glory, forgiving others that we may be forgiven, are just the tip of the iceberg of what Jesus said as an example of how to live. I really do try to live like this every day. I read the Bible daily and then try to apply it to my life as best I can.
I hope you do too.

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

No comments: