Friday, March 20, 2009

IS ANYTHING TOO HARD FOR THE LORD?

Genesis 18: 1 – 15


every one of us has heard the question from Shakespeare; “To be, or not to be?” Well I think there are more of has that have asked the question about God. On his album fm and am, George Carlin did a routine about being in Sunday school. Jokingly he asked the priest; “If God is so powerful, can he make a rock so big, that He Himself cannot lift it?
Isn't that the same thing we are asking when we think that the problems and situations we have are beyond the help of God?
Sarah thought that having a child at her age was impossible and that fact was not going to change. Then she had a son. 19 years ago I thought it was impossible for me to go a day without drinking or taking drugs. But, I'm sober now and have been ever since.
Is there anything too hard for God?
I don't think so.
He makes the impossible possible.

11 Abraham and Sarah were already old and well advanced in years, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing.
12 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?"
13 Then the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’
14 Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son."

If Sarah had a son, and I got sober, what impossible thing do you have that can't be done?
Have you asked God into the situation?
I don't know if God can make that rock, but I do know that He can work miracles in our lives. All we have to do is let Him, and believe that He can do all things.
Take whatever it is that you find impossible, and put it in God's hands, and see what happens, if we let Him do His stuff..

No comments: