Thursday, June 11, 2009

ARE YOU A NUT OR SOMETHING?

Mathew 10: 16 – 22


22 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

I don't know what it is but whenever people find out that I am Christian, they begin to bombard me with theories of evolution, falsely making statements about the Bible, and trying just about anything they can throw at me to make their point that my “religion” is a mindless fallacy.
That whole “Religion is the opiate of the masses thing, and they weren't going to fall for it so they try to mock me and my faith.
I have even been on vacation in Key West and was challenged by a couple of drunk guys during a presentation of the gospel at Mallory Square. (Where they have the sunset celebration every day)
These people are religious nuts!

16 I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
17 "Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues.

I feel that there are times when I am a sheep among the wolves with all the questions and attacks that are thrown my way, I just wish that I was as shrewd as a snake in my defense of my faith.
All I can really do is explain what God has done in my life, and try to change the subject, usually back on them because we can all fall prey to our pride and like to hear how cool we are or tell others how cool we are.
Because we are being sent out by God we have to ready, willing, and able do defend our beliefs.
And, we must stand up under frustrating experiences without losing our cool. When we do, we've lost them and they will get the same results by pushing the same buttons every time.

19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,
20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Enter into each situation with prayer and ask God to put His words in your mouth. With His help, we can overcome anything

No comments: