Monday, June 29, 2009

WHOM SHALL I SEND?

Isaiah 6: 1 – 8



There's an old military saying, “Never volunteer for anything.”
The saying is meant to keep young and new recruits from getting themselves into trouble and to keep them from getting hurt.
That said, I know a lot of people who go through life with that same attitude. Not to stay safe or out of trouble, but simply because they don't want to get involved. They seem to think that the next guy will do it, that somebody else will pick up the ball and run with it.
There are also those who think that they are unworthy of the task and that if they try, they will fail, so why bother.
I'll bet that you can think of a few folks with that kind of attitude.
Do you have that type of attitude yourself?
We all have these feelings, but it comes down to what we are willing to do when we feel them.

5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar.
7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."
8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"


Willin' to do it?
Are you ready to drop everything in order to serve God, even though you are unworthy?
Are you able to step out of your comfort zone to go where the Lord wants to send you?
God's calling us. He's asking us to do his work here on earth. He wants us to do as He commands.
Get yourself ready to say,
“Here am I. Send me!”

No comments: