Saturday, July 25, 2009

ARE YOU SURE?

Acts 26: 12 – 23


Repent, in Greek, is the word “metanoeo” which translates to mean, “Change your mind.”
You can say Amen, Hosanna, and that you have a personal relationship with God all day long, but, if you haven't changed the way you think and act, it means nothing.
One of my favorite Peanuts comic strips features Charlie Brown saying to Snoopy, “I hear you’re writing a book on theology. I hope you have a good title.” Snoopy responds, “I have the perfect title: Has It Ever Occurred To You That You Might Be Wrong?” (ODB)
That's the question isn't it?
At one time or another, I am sure that we all have had our doubts about the course we are on. We wonder if the truth we are being taught is really true. It appears to be in our nature to go through this. And, I'm sure that there are many more doubts and questions about our choice to believe in Jesus.
Paul tell us that when we truly agree with God about what is right, our behavior follows the change.

13 About noon, O King, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions.
14 We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’
15 "Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ "‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied.
16 ‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you.
17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them
22 But I have had God’s help to this very day, and so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen—
23 that the Christ would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would proclaim light to his own people and to the Gentiles."

Talk about your change of mind.
Paul was once the most ardent of Christian persecutors, then God intervened, and removed any doubt that he might have had.
Paul simply changed his mind about Jesus.
So, are you sure?
Have you truly repented?

No comments: