Friday, July 17, 2009

STABILIZERS

Psalm 18: 1 – 6



On an airplane, there are movable surfaces on the wings and tail called stabilizers. These surfaces help to keep the plane flying level and under control. Even though I hate to fly, and wouldn't do it again unless I was under the influence of medication, I am relieved to hear that there is actually something there to keep the plane under control. I mean who ever thought up the idea of putting a hundred people on a bus, giving it wings and hope that it will fly. Remember it is called the “theory” of flight and we know where the theory of evolution has done.
David knew of the need for a stabilizer, and gave an example that we all need one.
It was like David was suffering from PTSD. He was at his lowest. Saul was trying to kill him, and he felt as if death was around every corner, he was living in fear of what may happen next, so he did what he always did when he was in trouble. He cried out to God.

2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.
4 The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
5 The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me.
6 In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.

David knew that he could rely on God to bring stability to his life.
He also understood that God is in control of our lives.
And, we have to understand the same thing.
God is our rock, our fortress, our deliverer, and our stabilizer.

If we let Him, God will bring stability to our lives.




I

No comments: