Tuesday, September 29, 2009

BOND SERVANT

Colossians 4: 1 – 12



There are times when I hate that I have arthritis. For the most part I except it as part of my everyday life, one of those nagging tings that exist in the background that I don't even think about until I have a flare up. The thing that I hate is that it makes it very hard to get on my knees to pray. There are times when I can and others when I cannot.
It just frustrates me.
I have heard it said that there are three types of slavery. There are those who were born into it, those who were sold into it, and those who enter into slavery voluntarily.
The volunteers are known as bond servants. And, those of us whom have chosen that path are walking in some very good company.
One of the tasks that I and others have been called to perform for our master is prayer.

3 Don’t forget to pray for us, that God will open doors for telling the mystery of Christ, even while I’m locked up in this jail.
4 Pray that every time I open my mouth I’ll be able to make Christ plain as day to them.
12 Epaphras, who is one of you, says hello. What a trooper he has been! He’s been tireless in his prayers for you, praying that you’ll stand firm, mature and confident in everything God wants you to do.
13 I’ve watched him closely, and can report on how hard he has worked for you and for those in Laodicea and Hierapolis.

Now, if we look around. If we read our Bibles, we know that there are many giftings from the Holy Spirit that lay out jobs that need to be done for our King.
It has also been said that if you do something that you love, you will never work a day in your life. So don't choose a job that causes frustration. The only problem is, that as a bond servant, the choice is made for you by God.
Hence my frustration.
Fall into line. Enter into slavery voluntarily.

No comments: