Wednesday, September 30, 2009

FRIENDS

John 15: 9 – 17


There are friends, and then there are friends.
Some friends you might meet for a cup of coffee, or when you meet them in a store, you'll talk together for awhile.
Then there are the friends that you will have forever. The ones that we have that we will drop everything to help them when they call.
I've heard it said that if you have one friend like that in your life, you are truly blessed.
I guess that means that if you have more than one of these friends, Boy Howdy, you've got some blessings going on there.
Hopefully you get to marry one of these friends. I know that I married my best friend.
The only thing now is how to define what a friend is.
I think Jesus said it best.

12 This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you.
13 This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends.
15 I’m no longer calling you servants because servants don’t understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I’ve named you friends because I’ve let you in on everything I’ve heard from the Father.
17 "But remember the root command: Love one another.

A friend is someone that you would lay your life down for.
But if we love one another the way that Jesus loved us, well then, we must be willing to lay down our lives for everyone, because we are called to love our neighbor, and all folks are our neighbors.



I love you my friends.




Roadblock

No comments: