Wednesday, September 23, 2009

YES, IT'S...JUST...THAT...SIMPLE!

John 14: 12 – 14



It can't be that easy, we think.
We must have to do some kind of test or task.
There has to be a way to prove up. A way to show that we're ready.

Nah!
It don't work that way.
It comes down to trust.

12 The person who trusts me will not only do what I’m doing but even greater things, because I, on my way to the Father, am giving you the same work to do that I’ve been doing. You can count on it.
13 From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I’ll do it. That’s how the Father will be seen for who he is in the Son. I mean it.
14 Whatever you request in this way, I’ll do.

See, it really is a simple thing.
Trust is essential to any fulfilling relationship. If a wife doesn't trust her husband, or the other way around, then that relationship will crumble. When that happens, all the promise that was there in the beginning, both parties will become so hurt and embittered that reconciliation is impossible.
But, it's the simple things that makes the difference. A short prayer can restore someones faith. An act of kindness can remind a person why they got into a relationship in the first place.


Trust in Him.
It's just that simple.




a

No comments: