Thursday, September 10, 2009

NOT SURE WHAT THE TITLE SHOULD BE.

Psalm 119: 9 – 16



What do you do with the wisdom gained from this scripture?
If we are to apply the word to our lives, then we have some work to do.
I was once given this pamphlet about cleaning a house and about the junk drawer that we all have. In that drawer we keep all the things that we don't know what to do with and want to keep out of sight.
The house is an obvious metaphor for our bodies and our way of life. The junk drawer is that secret place in our hearts where all the sin we have lives.
To be blunt. We need to clean house.

9 How can a young person live a clean life? By carefully reading the map of your Word.
10 I’m single-minded in pursuit of you; don’t let me miss the road signs you’ve posted.
12 Be blessed, GOD; train me in your ways of wise living.
13 I’ll transfer to my lips all the counsel that comes from your mouth;
14 I delight far more in what you tell me about living than in gathering a pile of riches.

Hey. No pain, no gain.
If we keep checking a map, we won't get lost.
If we follow directions on what to do, well, the house eventually gets a good spring cleaning.

Our houses are worth it. So we can't let our junk drawers become overflowing with the things that we don't want others to see.

15 I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you, I attentively watch how you’ve done it.
16 I relish everything you’ve told me of life, I won’t forget a word of it.

No comments: