Friday, October 2, 2009

HE PUT MY FEET ON SOLID ROCK

Ephesians 5: 15 – 21



The first time I read Psalm 40, I almost fell over. The whole image of God taking me from the deepest dirtiest pit and putting my feet on solid ground and putting on my lips a new song.
Hokey Smokes!
I thought, that's how my life changed.
That's what made a difference to me.
Now every time I read that Psalm, or hear it read, I am brought to a place where I am filled with the love of God.
I see the world, and treat people just a little bit differently then I did before being reminded of His presence in my life. I guess that when I look at it that way, I really shouldn't treat people any differently before or after thinking of God. I should be consistent with my relationships at all times.
We have to allow God's will to done.
We must live consistently through his power.

15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise,
16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.

When I think about the old days, and we all have them, I look at how foolish I was, and then I can see how differently I am today, all because of God being in my life.
Non of us can live as we once did when this has happened.
We are changed.
We see, do, and live differently than we used to.

18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.
19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord,
20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In a nutshell, be cause of Christ, we become filled with the Spirit, not spirits.
Living for him is better than living for me.
After all, He wasn't thinking selfishly when He gave His life for me.
And, it's the same for you.


I don't know if I really hit it with this one folks.
I feel as if I am scattered all over the place with my thoughts.
Sometimes it is hard for me to put the way I feel into written words.
I pray that this teaching touched you, and helped in your walk.

No comments: