Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WISDOM

Proverbs 16: 16 – 22



One of the ways that I prepare to write these teachings is to read the “Our Daily Bread” devotional.
I get the scripture from them read it then see how close my ideas are to theirs.
Today was one of those times that my thoughts are way off from “ODB”.
Throughout the book of Proverbs Solomon pushes the benefits of wisdom. And through wisdom comes understanding. And as “ODB” says today, we all crave understanding and have a need to be understood.

22 Understanding is a fountain of life to those who have it, but folly brings punishment to fools.

With this verse in mind, I guess that my conflict with another writer brings me to think that there can be a couple of ways to look at the Word.
I know. That's an obvious statement. All scripture is open to interpretation. So I have come to this conclusion.

16 How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver!
17 The highway of the upright avoids evil; he who guards his way guards his life.
18 Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.
19 Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud.
20 Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.
21 The wise in heart are called discerning, and pleasant words promote instruction.
22 Understanding is a fountain of life to those who have it, but folly brings punishment to fools.

There it is.
What does it mean to you?

No comments: