Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ZAT YOU?

John 10: 1 – 6




I was in grade school.
My parents and I had gone shopping in a department store. While we were there I wandered off . When I went back to where I was supposed to be I saw my mother from the rear at the end of an aisle. When I got to her and spoke to her to tell her that I was back, the woman,s voice was not that of my mother's, it was just a woman who happened to be wearing a coat like mom's and had a similar hair cut. I was filled with anxiety and turned to run from her when I heard the voices of both my parents just one row over.
I ran to them with relief and didn't leave them for the rest of our visit to that store.
I felt safe and at home when I heard the voices of my parents and felt unsafe when I heard the strange voice of the other woman.
It's the same with Jesus.
People like us whom follow Him, know Him and know His word.
We are not easily led astray by fakes and charlatans.

1 "I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.
2 The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep.
3 The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.
5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognise a stranger’s voice."
6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but they did not understand what he was telling them.

Be careful out there.
Don't fall for the fakers.
Listen to the voice of God.
Take comfort from it.

No comments: