Thursday, October 30, 2008

BY FAITH...



Hebrews 11: 1 – 6
Does God exist? If he does, do I believe in God?
These are questions that are asked hundreds of times a day by many people around the world. Some come too the conclusion that God does not exist, and weep. Others find out that he really does and rejoice.
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
In Hebrews 11:6 we are told that to find God and please Him, we first have to believe that He exists. How can we prove that God exists? Finding God is a matter of faith—confidence in Him and commitment to Him. This confidence and commitment should remain strong even though the objects of our faith are unseen. The writer of Hebrews and the apostle John agree that ultimately the way to find the Lord and please Him is by believing in His Son Jesus.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6).
Finding God is solely a work of God. Those who seek Him will find Him because God will give them a heart to recognize Him as Lord
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."(Jer. 29:13-14).
I must say that there was no time in my life when I did not believe in God. Even at my worst I believed that there was something out there that was on a higher level than me. I wasn't sure who or what God was, but I knew it was there.
I did doubt at one time that he was caring and loving. I thought like many that he was judgmental and just waiting for me to mess up to bring chaos to my life which was out of control already. It took me getting sober to begin to realize that there was a loving God, which was the beginning of belief.
Faith is a wonderful thing. I have found it to be of great comfort and strength. I could go on forever.
Look, just seek, and he will be found.
You won't regret it.

No comments: