Wednesday, October 22, 2008

SHEEP



Luke 15: 3 – 7
3 Then Jesus told them this parable:
4 "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?
5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders
6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’
7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
I love this parable, and I love what it says, I also know what it means to me. You see, I am the sheep that was lost. And, I know several people in the same predicament.
What I mean to say is we were all at one time lost and in need of saving.
Ps 100:3 Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
We are so incredibly blessed to have such a loving God that he would take us on his shoulder and carry us when we stray, even before we knew we were sheep.


Last night as I was closing the chickens in their coop, I noticed something in the corner, something round and brown. As I went in for a closer look, I found two eggs! The first two eggs from our flock. I plan to have a good breakfast this morning.
(Pictures to follow)

No comments: