Monday, October 6, 2008

HOW YOU DOIN'?


Ephesians 3: 14 – 21
In the western panhandle of Texas is a small town named Texline. It had an ostentatious beginning in the late 1800s as a thriving center along a new railroad line. Within a few years, though, most of the shops had closed and the town’s population shriveled to about 400. In 2000, the population was still just over 500.
One online description of Texline says that it has “a city limits sign at one end, another at the other end, and not much in between.”
What a waste if the same description could be given of our spiritual journey!
So here comes the question.
“How you doin'?”
Our walks with God are all varied and different, some having just a working knowledge that God exists to those who have a rich life changing relationship with Him. The journey begins when we first turn our lives over to Jesus and ends when our life on earth ends and our life in eternity begins. So what we're dealing with is what happens between the beginning and end. Are you moving or standing still, growing or stagnant, are you living your spiritual life to its fullest?
16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Paul obviously wanted us to have this kind of spiritual fulfillment, and if he does, than that means that God has the same desire for us. That being said how can we not want the same thing? All we have to do is ask and walk.
Once again; “How you doin'?”
I am prayerful that the answer is; “I'm living a rich full life.”

Lord, thank You for all that You have done for me.
I commit myself to making the most of my spiritual journey.
I want to experience as much as I can of You and all
You have to offer to me. Amen. (ODB)

A life given fully to God becomes a God-filled life.

No comments: