Monday, October 27, 2008

OOPS, WRONG WAY AGAIN.


Psalm 32: 1 – 5
I really want to get a GPS unit for my car and bike, even though I have a pretty good sense
of direction and can't stand MAPQUEST.
GPS stands for; Global Positioning System, which is a net of satellites in orbit around the planet that can correlate where you are within a few feet, anywhere on the earth. When such a device is used, we can input our starting place, and our destination, and the GPS unit will plot a course to follow that will get us where we're going. They even can recompute the trip when we make mistakes and get off course.
Another little piece of information about these little units is that they have voices. The voice calmly and blandly tell where to go and how far we are from the destination, until I went off course by mistake. Then the unit develops an attitude. The calm bland voice becomes loud and demanding. It reminded me a little of my mother when I was a kid and would mess up in public.

1Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
2 Blessed is the man whose sin the LORD does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit.
3 When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.
4 For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Selah
5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD"—and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah

I much prefer what my friends and I have called the God's Positioning System.
This GPS comes with a hand held analog device which gives me direction for my day every morning.
The analog device is called the Bible. With this God's voice clearly tells me how he wants me to live as I travel this road.
When I go off course my GPS reminds me of this fact and gently reminds me that I can get back on the right track.
No matter how far you’ve traveled in the wrong direction, it’s not too late to turn around. God is ready to forgive and restore. If you’re headed down the wrong road, please make a U-turn.


I’ve strayed, O Lord, and turned aside,
I’ve disobeyed Your voice;
But now with contrite heart I turn
And make Your will my choice. —D. De Haan

No comments: