Friday, July 4, 2008

DO YOU KNOW ME?

Psalm 139: 1 – 6

I love to read mystery and suspense novels, and watch detective shows on TV. I just think that its fun watching them put all the various clues that seem to have no connection together and come up with a conclusion that is the perfect solution and the world makes sense once again. Justice has been served.

The world we live in is full of mystery and none of it ties up into a nice neat picture that makes sense, and there is rarely justice in this world.
In a world of mystery, it’s a comfort to know the God who knows all things.
1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

In times like these, it’s comforting to know that we have a God who doesn’t need to assess the situation—He already knows everything perfectly well. In Acts 15:18 we read, “Known to God from eternity are all His works.” He never has to wonder or resort to inductive reasoning.
Despite our finiteness, our lives rest in the hands of the One who knows all the whats, whys, and whens we’ll ever face. As we trust in Him, He’ll guide us in the path He desires us to take, and His way is never wrong.
I don’t know if this teaching makes much sense. I keep writing and looking for better ways to explain my thoughts. ODB does a fine job, and I probably should have just copy pasted that, but, I gave it the old college try.
Anyway, I guess what I’m trying to say is that God knows what’s going on. He knows all about us, and our comings and goings, but most of all, God knows our heart, and that’s the bottom line. Our hearts are where our true selves live, and it’s where our relationships begin.
God is the One who sees the whole,His knowledge is complete;We see but portions of the truthAs lines that never meet.

No comments: