Sunday, July 6, 2008

FORGIVENESS OF SINS


Psalm 103: 1- 12

2 Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

I do love the comfort given by God in the book of Psalms. Old Davey, he knew how to write too. He sang the blues a lot, but he also knew how to lift up.
From as long as I can remember, I have heard that God forgives our sins. That alone makes me feel better. Yet, we should never get the idea that our sins are taken lightly by the Lord. But when we acknowledge our guilt with true repentance, God is ready to forgive because of what Jesus did on the cross.

There is a story about a little boy that had just been tucked into bed by his mother, who was waiting to hear his prayers. But he had been naughty that day, and now it was bothering him. So he said, "Mama, I wish you'd go now and leave me alone. I want to pray by myself."
Sensing that something was wrong, she asked, "Bobby is there anything you ought to tell me?" "No, Mommy," he replied. "You would just scold me, but God will forgive me and forget about it."
The kid knew two things; first that he acknowledged that he had done wrong, and that he was truly repentant, second he knew that God would be quick to forgive him.
Don’t you just love the faith of a child? They don’t have any of the cynicism that we adults have layered upon ourselves by living in the world. They just believe.
We need to have that childlike faith and admit our wrongs and go to God for our comfort and forgiveness.

No comments: