Saturday, July 5, 2008

USED

Matthew 25: 31 – 40

There are many people out there that do what they do in the name of God, yet they do not have faith in Him. They can convince a great many people that they have come in God’s name.
Yet, like the demon said to the seven sons of Sceva; “Jesus I know. Paul I have heard of. Who are you?
God will separate them in the end from those who truly follow him.

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

These are the things that we are called to do. Jesus talked about it in chapter 22 when he spoke of the greatest commandment;

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"
37 Jesus replied: "‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

I wake up every day with all intentions of following that command, yet, I will fall short most of the time. But, God places us in unique circumstances where our abilities match the problem He wants to fix. So we must continue to wake up every day and do what it is we do.
By God’s design, there lies in wait for youimportant work that no one else can do.Just as the planets find their paths through space,You too must grow to fill your proper place. —Thayer
When God shows you a problem, He may ask you to be His solution.

No comments: