Sunday, July 13, 2008

I GOT THE BLUES

Psalm 22: 1 – 10

Pain and fear usually cause us to cry out to God. We wonder why he doesn’t hear us and why he seems to be so far from us. We are miserable and feel as if the world has turned against us, and we want comfort and to be free from pain and humiliation RIGHT NOW!

Yet we consider our place in God’s love, and know of his greatness and his presence in our lives, the lives of our fathers and of others, and we still feel as if we are not worthy of his grace.
How can I be worthy? We ask ourselves. We don’t even fee like we are human beings.
We even hear others mock us by saying; “He’s a Christian, why doesn’t he act like one”, “Let his God save him”.

9 Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother’s breast.
10 From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

We know who God is, and we know our place in relationship with him. Why do we continue to forget all this when we are put upon.

David sang the blues; I guess that means that he was human. I know that we sing the blues; I guess that makes us just as flawed as David.

Look, we all feel bad from time to time about the situations that we find ourselves. Let’s just not forget who really is in charge and really begin to rely on him.

OKAY?

No comments: